It is a well-known fact that the history of humanity is usually divided into two parts: before and after the invention of chocolate chip cookies. Now, just because you’re on Keto, doesn’t mean that you need to go back to those horrible, dark, cookie-less times. Sound too good to be true? You don’t have to believe me… until you try these Keto chocolate chip cookies that only have 2 grams net carbs each.
In the immortal words of the great Cookie Monster: “Om nom nom nom!”
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hand mixer
- 3 cups almond flour finely ground
- 2/3 cups granular sweetener Lakanto or Swerve
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips you can add more or less
- Nothing original about this step: preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add your sweetener of choice and softened butter to a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until combined. Use medium settings – no need for a tornado here!
- Add two eggs and vanilla extract to the blend and keep mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the following dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- It's wedding time! Bring the two mixtures together and make sure they live happily ever after (again, with a hand mixer, of course).
- Add your sugar-free chocolate chips and make sure they're evenly distributed.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop cookies onto lined baking sheet and flatten them out.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye for when they are done: cookies will get brown on the bottom and a liiiiiitle bit on the top.
- Take cookies out of the oven and realize that now your life has a new meaning. Let them cool… or eat straight away, because, let's face it: ain't nobody got time for that!